Welcome to the 2016 – 2017 school year at Marion County Middle / High School. As the new principal in Marion County, I am very excited about the wonderful opportunity that I have been given. I look forward to the unique challenges that our faculty and staff will have in order to make all of our students reach their potential in the upcoming school year.
Marion County has a school system with a very strong and rich tradition. I believe that in order to make a true impact on the students’ lives, it is extremely important that we make connections and build relationships that stretch outside of the classroom. The period of time that we have with our students is valuable. We need to make the most of it in order to push our students further than they have ever been pushed before. We must go above and beyond to make sure that our students receive the very best education possible. I encourage every parent to take an active role in their child’s education. Marion County Middle / High School has now become the bridge between the elementary school and graduating high school which will lead to receiving a diploma and will open many doors down the road for our students.
Please take the time to read the student handbook with your child. It is extremely important to understand these policies and procedures in order to prepare you and your child for the upcoming school year. I encourage you to use these tools throughout your child’s academic career to help guide them toward success.
- PowerSchool Parent Portal: This program may be used to check your son/daughter’s grades at any time during the school year. It also provides links to announcements and teacher e-mail addresses.
- Syllabus/Teacher Web Page: Each teacher sends home a syllabus on the first day of class, and many of them use a teacher web page or other Internet resources to engage students in their classes. Use these to find out what, when, and how regarding your son/daughter’s assignments.
- Academic Coach: Is your son/daughter struggling in school? Call Mrs. Jorden-Neal to set up a conference with his/her teachers.
- Twitter: Follow us @MarionCoHigh to find out the school’s most up-to-date information!
- www.teacherweb.com/GA/MarionCountyMiddleHighSchool/t.stm: Keep up with Mrs. Jernigan’s running list of scholarship applications and other guidance information!
- Progress Reports/Report Cards: These go home every 4 ½ weeks. Dates are listed in the front of your agenda. Keep up with these dates and expect to see/sign grades!
If you ever have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call me.
Jamie Penoncello, Principal