If you haven't completed your FAFSA for next school term (summer and/or fall), now is the time!
Gather the materials you'll need (for student and parent):
- Social Security Number
- Driver’s License (if any)
- Most recent W-2 forms and any other records of money earned
- Most recent year’s Federal Income Tax Return—IRS Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, or 1040 Telefile
- Most recent year’s untaxed income records—Social Security, TANF, welfare, or veteran’s benefits records (if applicable)
- Most recent year’s bank statements
- Most recent year’s business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stocks, bonds, and other investment records (if applicable)
- Alien registration card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
You will want to use the www.fafsa.gov site. Do NOT file with fafsa.com!
For more information, visit https://www.gafutures.org/federal-aid-scholarships/fafsa/getting-started/