Update from the MCMHS Counseling Office
Melissa Price, Counselor, Grades 6-8
Melissa Jernigan, Counselor, Grades 9-12
There are so many concerns shared by children and adults, and often there are no clear answers. We want to provide counseling, guidance, and assistance to all students, regardless of their physical presence at school.
Should your child or teen choose to work from home this fall (or at any point in the year), counseling services will still be available. Please reach out to email@example.com (grades 6-8) or firstname.lastname@example.org (grades 9-12) to set up an in-person counseling appointment. Students who choose to return to school may schedule through e-mail or in person.
In the meantime, we want to remind all students to treat others with the same kindness and compassion that they would want to receive, both online and in person. You never know what another person is facing or how that person is feeling. If you had the power to change someone’s life for the better, wouldn’t you take it?
These are just a few of the services provided by our offices:
- Academic guidance
- Dual enrollment assistance and support
- Individual counseling-personal, social, emotional, academic
- Large and small group counseling
- Conflict management
- College and Scholarship applications
- College Board testing (AP, PSAT, SAT)
- Test score interpretation
- Transcript management
- Management of scholarship awards list and planning of Awards Night
- Planning of annual College Fair and Apply to College events
- Oversee Scholars Academy and AP coursework
- High School scheduling and building of master schedule
- Referrals for outside/professional counseling contacts
- BRIDGE activity coordination
- Parent contact-academic and social
- Representation to School Leadership Team
- College and Military recruiter liaison
Please contact us via e-mail (preferred) or by phone at 229-649-7520 if you need our assistance.