Welcome to the 2019 – 2020 school year at Marion County Middle/High School! As the principal in Marion County, I am very excited about the upcoming school year. The staff here at Marion County Middle/High School is a committed group of professionals that are working hard each day to strengthen student growth academically, socially and emotionally. I look forward to challenging all of our students in order for them to reach their full potential.
Marion County has a school system with a strong and rich tradition. I believe that in order to make a true impact on the students’ lives, it is important that we make connections and build relationships that reach outside of the classroom. The period of time that we have with our students is valuable. We need to make the most of our time at school in order to push our students further than they ever have been before. We must make every attempt to provide the best education for our students. I encourage parents to take an active role in their son/daughter’s education.
Please take the time to read the student handbook with your son/daughter. It is extremely important to understand these policies and procedures in order to prepare you and your son/daughter for the upcoming school year. I encourage you to use these tools throughout your son/daughter’s academic career to help guide them toward success.
▪ PowerSchool Parent Portal: This programs purpose is to check your son/daughter’s grades at any time during the school year. It also provides links to announcements and teacher e-mail addresses.
▪ Syllabus/Teacher Web Page:Each teacher sends home a syllabus on the first day of class, and many of them use a teacher web page or other Internet resources to engage students in their classes. Use these to find out what, when, and how regarding your son/daughter’s assignments.
▪ Twitter: Follow us @MarionCoHigh to find out the school’s most up-to-date information!
▪ www.teacherweb.com/GA/MarionCountyMiddleHighSchool/t.stm: Keep up with Mrs. Jernigan’s running list of scholarship applications and other guidance information!
▪ Progress Reports/Report Cards: These go home every 4 ½ weeks. Dates are listed in the front of your agenda. Keep up with these dates and expect to see/sign grades!
If you ever have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call me.