Open House for Marion County Middle/High School will be held on Thursday, July 28th, from 3:00-7:00 p.m. in the gym area. Lockers, parking permits, schedules, bus information, parent portal information, and more will be available in the concession area of the gym. Parents and students will also be able to receive information regarding student health, Career/Technical Education courses, school counseling and academic guidance, supply lists, sports schedules, and technology.
Grade-level meetings will be held in person for:
- 6th (at 5:30 in the cafeteria)
- 9th/10th (6:00 in the cafeteria)
- 11th/12th (6:30 in the cafeteria)
The information from these meetings will be posted afterward on the system website at www.marion.k12.ga.us for those unable to attend.
Parents/guardians are encouraged to park in the gym lot and to report directly to the gym. The school building will not be open at this time.
If you have questions regarding the middle/high school open house, please call 229-649-7520.
Middle and high school schedules will be released in the PowerSchool Parent Portal on Wednesday, July 27th. Schedule changes may be requested, but will ONLY be honored if one of these criteria is met:
- Student has an empty class period. (NO class period can be empty. Empty spaces in schedule are pending Youth Apprenticeship or Dual Enrollment verification.)
- Student does not have the prerequisite for the class in question. (This means you are in level 2 without taking level 1, etc.)
- Student has already passed this class.
- Student is already registered for a college course or Youth Apprenticeship at this time. (grades 11 and 12 only)
- Student wishes to join an activity (band, sport/weightlifting)
Schedule changes may be requested via the form located in grade-level Teams accounts. Paper forms will be available in the office for new students. Schedule changes that do not meet one of these criteria will not be considered due to space and availability. You will be contacted if your schedule change is viable.